In this article, you will find all the information related to updating your content in the channels. You will find what can be and can not be updated after a release has been distributed, and how to do it.
Metadata that can be updated
- Release and track titles
- Artwork (Cover art). No pending deliveries are required. More information here.
- Information regarding "Remix" or "Version" on album and track(s) levels
- Artist collaborations, except the "Primary" artist.
- Primary artist name (the artist should be the same, but a name change, or typo correction can be requested. More info here)
- Release's and track's genre
- Language of the album and track(s)
- "Explicit Content" information
- Price tier
- Digital release date
- Original release date
- License type
- License holder ©
- Copyright for sound recordings ℗
- Territories of publication
- Audio file (Master) No pending deliveries are required. More information here.
Metadata that can NOT be updated
- Primary Artist
- Content format (Album, EP, or Single)
- UPC code
- Reference number
- ISRC code
- Tracks' total number (ie. a release first distributed with 5 tracks, can't be redistributed with 6).
- Tracks' order (tracks cannot be moved from their original position, ie. track 1 has to be kept first on the tracklist)
How to perform an Update?
Simply make the needed modification of the aspects that are allowed and send again the release to the same channels originally selected. This action is done from each release's tab "6. Distribution", by selecting "Update to all channels".
How to perform an Update that is not allowed?
To make this kind of change, you should follow the following steps:
- Create an exact copy of the release that has to be updated (same title, cover, tracks, etc.) But without the same UPC.
- Go to the original release (the one that has been already distributed and has UPC code) and request the takedown to the channels. If you previously tried to change the order or amount of tracks and it updated incorrectly, put everything as it originally was before the takedown, that way the procedure will be managed successfully.
- Distribute the new release, with additional tracks or corresponding changes, which will have a new UPC assigned automatically. Regarding the ISRCs, won’t be modified, unless the release includes a track that has not been previously distributed and that has not a previous ISRC assigned.
How to update the cover art?
If a release is being distributed and the QC has been approved, Cover Art upload won’t be permitted until the distribution is completed to all channels. You'll see the following message:
On the other hand, if a release is already distributed to all channels and there are no pending deliveries, you'll be able to upload the cover art and the Quality Control team will review and approve the release again. You'll see the following message:
How to update audio?
If a release is being distributed and the QC has been approved, Audio upload won’t be permitted until the distribution is completed to all channels. The track's Audio area will show this message: